Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Wrecks

South Carolina roads can be very dangerous. When an accident happens, you have the right to be compensated for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.

South Carolina requires all vehicles to have insurance coverage. There are multiple types of insurance coverage, and each type of coverage plays its own role in an auto accident claim.

Liability Coverage

South Carolina law requires drivers to have liability insurance. The purpose of this type insurance is to protect you from injury and damage caused by the negligent acts of other drivers. This insurance pays you for personal injury and property damage caused by an at-fault driver. When you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, we bring a claim against the other driver to collect from their liability insurance coverage.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage and Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM) and Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM) are two types of insurance that are available for your purchase when you buy your car insurance. This insurance protects you from at-fault drivers who either have no insurance on their vehicle or who do not have enough insurance to cover your damages.

UM coverage is mandatory. South Carolina law requires that your policy have UM coverage in the same amount as your liability coverage. UIM coverage is optional. When you purchase automobile insurance, South Carolina law requires your insurance company to offer you UIM coverage equal to your own liability coverage amounts.

When you are involved in a wreck and the at-fault driver does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance, we file a claim against the at-fault driver to collect from your UM or UIM coverage.

What to do if you are in a wreck:

Call us at 864-295-0000 or click free case review.

With any auto accident claim, you should report the claim to your insurance company as soon as possible.